What is fund┋it?
fund┋it collects and presents on a single site all research grants and fellowships (post-PhD) available for scholars in the social sciences and humanities. Want to come to France? Find a residential fellowship somewhere in the world? Or simply seek funding for your research project? fund┋it is there to support you in finding valuable information. We find it, you fund┋it!
Who is fund┋it for?
• Postdocs, senior scholars and advanced graduate students from outside France wishing to come to France
• French postdocs, senior scholars and advanced graduate students wishing to go abroad or to find funding opportunities
- Nota : All international fellowships and funding opportunities listed on fund┋it are guaranteed to be open to French scholars or scholars affiliated with a French institution. However, in most cases other nationalities are also eligible.
Fund┋it is part of the Plan national pour les SHS, published in July 2016 by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI, Les S.H.S., un investissement pour l'avenir). Fund┋it has been conceived and developped by the Réseau français des instituts d’études avancées (RFIEA) foundation, within the Alliance Athena framework and in partnership with the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’Homme (FMSH) and supported by the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS).
Fund┋it is funded by the Labex RFIEA+ (Investissements d'Avenir programme, run by the French National Research Agency (ANR)) and by the MESRI's Direction générale de la recherche et de l'innovation, within the framework of the Plan national pour les SHS, 2016.
Internationalising SSH research
Fund┋it is an answer to internationalisation concerns expressed by Alliance Athéna for Social Sciences and Humanities and MESRI.
It has four main goals:
- assisting the international research community in finding calls for applications in the social sciences and humanities;
- enhancing the contribution to European and international calls for projects;
- encouraging research mobility within Europe and worldwide;
- increasing the attractiveness of France as a research destination.
Fund┋it collects and presents on a single site all research grants and fellowships (post-PhD) available for scholars in the social sciences and humanities. It is addressed to
- Postdocs, senior scholars and advanced graduate students from outside France wishing to come to France;
- French postdocs, senior scholars and advanced graduate students wishing to go abroad or to find funding opportunities.
A joint development
Fund┋it and its associated features (blog, newsletter and group discussion flows) has been conceived by Olivier Bouin, Julien Ténédos and Mylène Trouvé; the development has been coordinated by Christiane Abele and Julien Ténédos (RFIEA foundation / Labex RFIEA+).